PhotonView ID duplicate found: 1004. New: View (0)1004 on AAAA old: View (0)1004

Hi all,
I would re-connect to my room after disconnect from photon.
I set PhotonNetwork.autoCleanUpPlayerObjects = false to make sure my PhotonView game objects still exist on other clients (after I disconnected, they will become AI robot on other clients).
And then I make a re-conned to the room (I tried PhotonNetwork.ReconnectAndRejoin and manually connect both). But after I re-connect to my room, I got warning that PhotonView ID duplicate found. It means that my previous PhotonView game objects were automatically Instantiated again after I reconnect the room. Is there any way I can disable this auto re-Instantiate photon view game object? Because they are already in the room when I re-connected(I set the PhotonNetwork.autoCleanUpPlayerObjects = false)

Comments

• thanks
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited January 2019
    Which version of PUN do you use? And which Unity version?
  • Hi,

that sounds logical actually.

if on the client (A) that left the room, he was owing that object, then on that client, this viewId is now free, while on other clients, it's taken, therefore when client A reconnect and rejoin the room, he reinstantiate and reuse that Id, which then create a clash on other clients.

can you confirm this is what's likely happening here( in terms of who does what)

Off the bat, what you are doing is calling for trouble, if it turns out there is an issue, we'll fix it, but I think it's playing with fire here.

- can you not use a PlayerTTL, ?
    - maybe you can have your masterClient claiming ownership while Client A is away? then you don't need to manually clean up?

Bye,

Jean