How to invite friends to play together?

Options
Hi everyone,

I managed to be able to get a list of friends with PlayFab. But my matchmaking and multiplayer gameplay is handled with Photon. How to know whether that friend is online and able to join party of 3 to play together? Also, after the party of 3 people with friends created, since the game will be a 3v3 arena, how to create a room that will allow another 3 people to join?

Thank you for your help and support
Best Regards,

Active Dream

Comments

• Rivax95
    Options
    i have tihs problem, any solution ?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi @ActiveDream,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

How to know whether that friend is online able to join party of 3 to play together?
    Use FindFriends feature as explained here can tell you if a user is online and whether he is in a room or not and which room.

Besides, you need a way to exchange invitations/challenges messages to games/parties/friendship etc.
    In general, teams, party and friends matchmaking require an external service (not PUN/Photon Realtime) where players can communicate with each other "directly all the time" without the need to be joined to the same room. Examples of services you could use: Photon Chat, facebook or a custom messaging/polling system based on PlayFab's CloudScript.

Also, after the party of 3 people with friends created, since the game will be a 3v3 arena, how to create a room that will allow another 3 people to join?
    You can have "staging rooms" where friends or teams or party members join first before moving to another room to face the opposing team or other players.
    You could also change MaxPlayers and some other room properties post room creation.

You can find some examples here or by searching on the forum.