Photon server and PUN 2 samples

tell a newbie please.
Installed the last server. I installed the last PUN2 in the new unit project. Set the correct connection address in the settings 127.0.0.1:5056. But when I try to connect, I get an error

Got a unexpected Disconnect in LoadBalancingClient State: Disconnected. Server: MasterServer Trace: at Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient.OnStatusChanged(StatusCode statusCode) in C:\!Unity\TestPhoton\Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\LoadBalancingClient.cs:line 2302
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase+<>c__DisplayClass100_0.b__0() in C:\Dev\photon-sdk-dotnet\PhotonDotnet\PeerBase.cs:line 895
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands() in C:\Dev\photon-sdk-dotnet\PhotonDotnet\EnetPeer.cs:line 429
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands() in C:\Dev\photon-sdk-dotnet\PhotonDotnet\PhotonPeer.cs:line 1422
at Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.FixedUpdate() in C:\!Unity\TestPhoton\Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonHandler.cs:line 126
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1814)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2304)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass100_0:b__0() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PeerBase.cs:895)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/EnetPeer.cs:429)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PhotonPeer.cs:1422)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:126)

Comments

• hi, @DragoN

are you sure that your server is up and running?
    did you start test client using PhotonControl.exe?

best,
    ilya
  • DragoN
    DragoN
    edited August 2018
    @chvetsov , thanks for the answer.
    All services of the server are started, I attach logs.
    Judging by the error, it occurs somewhere in the server.
    In server log: 13360: 10:51:35.378 - CENetThreadPool::Process - Exception - CENetPeerBase::HandleIncomingCommands() - PeerAppSelection()- Init: Unexpected protocol, expected value is between 1.2 and 1.7 : id = 0 [0] Datagram: 00 00 00 02 00 00 02 05 13 FA 18 BB 01 FF 00 00 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 16 68 EE 06 00 01 04 00 00 00 35 00 00 00 01 F3 00 01 08 1E 41 02 01 00 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ..............................h........5.........A...1............................... from: 127.0.0.1:49288 on: 127.0.0.1:5055

• yeah, now I see what is wrong, PUN2 uses unsupported by this version of self-hosted SDK protocol 1.8
    so, either use cloud or try to change the protocol to 1.6.

how to do so please ask in the corresponding forum section

best,
    ilya
  • Very sorry. Are there any plans to update the SDK on the self-hosted?
  • yes, we are preparing the new release

best,
    ilya
  • Any timeline for the new server version? Having upgraded to PUN 2 this is currently stalling my project.
  • HI, @Squidcor

what exactly prevents you from using PUN 2 with old sdk?

best,
    ilya
  • @chvetsov I'm getting the same error as above: CENetThreadPool::Process - Exception - CENetPeerBase::HandleIncomingCommands() - PeerAppSelection()- Init: Unexpected protocol, expected value is between 1.2 and 1.7

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what my options are. How can I configure PUN 2 to use an older protocol? Online is unfortunately not practical for development due to our location (South Africa) and the project's sensitivity to latency.
  • @Tobias could you explain how to select different protocol in PUN 2 if this is possible?

best,
    ilya
  • Any update on this, it's been 3 weeks?

@Tobias @chvetsov
  • it will be probably better if you will ask in PUN's forum section

best,
    ilya
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Squidcor,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Update PUN2 (or Photon Voice 2) to the latest version and you will be able to connect to Photon Server without issues.
  • Great, thank you!
  • I still get the error 'Unexpected protocol, expected value is between 1.2 and 1.7' in the log and DisconnectedByServerReasonUnknown on the client
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ditzel,

What PUN2 version are you using?
  • The changelog in the folder PhotonUnityNetworking says "v2.5 (20th November 2018)"
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm weird.
    Could you try in a fresh clean new project?
    How do you connect to your self-hosted Photon Server? could you try doing that using PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings after setting server address and port in PhotonServerSettings and unchecking UseNameServer?
  • Hey JohnTube - that did acutally work!

So for everyone who will follow. This does not work:
    PhotonNetwork.ConnectToMaster("127.0.0.1", 5055, PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.AppIdRealtime);

Try this:
    PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.UseNameServer = false;
    PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.Server = "127.0.0.1";
    PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.Port = 5055;
    PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.FixedRegion = null;
    PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings();
  • @ditzel that works for me! Thank your very much!!! :)