OnPhotonSerializeView() issue ? Not working with two variables

i am working on a multiplayer game using photon.

i am streaming the data using using OnPhotonSerializeView

everything is working fine for one variable.

if (stream.IsWriting)
{
stream.SendNext(carController.BrakeInput);
}
else if(stream.IsReading)
{
carController.BrakeInput = (float)stream.ReceiveNext();
}

but when I use 2 variables then it gives the error - not working anymore

if (stream.IsWriting)
{
stream.SendNext(carController.BrakeInput);
stream.SendNext(carController.skidding);
}
else if(stream.IsReading)
{
carController.BrakeInput = (float)stream.ReceiveNext();
carController.skidding = (bool)stream.ReceiveNext();
}

Answers

• what error?
  • I am using PUN 2

here is the complete log,

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    Photon.Pun.PhotonStream.Serialize (System.Boolean& myBool) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PunClasses.cs:692)
    NetworkPlayer.OnPhotonSerializeView (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Scripts/NetworkPlayer.cs:49)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonView.DeserializeComponent (UnityEngine.Component component, Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:355)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonView.DeserializeView (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:345)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnSerializeRead (System.Object[] data, Photon.Realtime.Player sender, Int32 networkTime, Int16 correctPrefix) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1816)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:2189)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2525)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer stream) (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PeerBase.cs:634)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/EnetPeer.cs:550)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PhotonPeer.cs:1422)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:130)
  • Hi @qasim7x,

can you confirm, that you are trying to send and receive the same types? You can also use stream.Count to get the number of items in the stream and stream.PeekNext() to see, if the next object is null or something else.

Which Observe Option do you use on the PhotonView component? Reliable Delta Compressed for example only send changes made to the synchronized values. Means that you probably only send one item instead of two.
  • I am writing the int and bool and then receiving back the int and bool, respectively.

and my observed option is Unreliable on change .