Authentication Problem Following Photon Tutorial

I've been having a rough time following the PUN basic tutorial because currently I am having issues getting the display to say that I have connected to a room. Here are my current responses (typed word for word from the tutorial). I'm getting some error codes which I think have to do with authentication. Please help.

OnStatusChanged: Connect current State: ConnectingToNameServer
Connected to NameServer.
OnStatusChanged: EncryptionEstablished current State: ConnectingToNameServer
OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 0.
Received your UserID from server. Updating local value to: geg
OnStatusChanged: Disconnect current State: DisconnectingFromNameServer
OnStatusChanged: Connect current State: ConnectingToMasterserver
Connected to masterserver.
OnStatusChanged: EncryptionEstablished current State: Authenticating
OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 0.
DemoAnimator/Launcher: OnConnectedToMaster() was called by PUN
OnEvent: Event 226.
OnEvent: Event 226.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ghandos,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What you have posted is the expected log output for a normal behaviour.
    Could you share the actual logs for the errors?
  • Ghandos
    Ghandos
    edited September 2018
    Here's is the function I'm expecting to run.
    public override void OnJoinedRoom()
    {
        Debug.Log("DemoAnimator/Launcher: OnJoinedRoom() called by PUN. Now this client is in a room.");
    }
    I'm expecting the client to join the room so I can then update the room based on the size of the crowd (following the tutorial), but since I never connect to the room I can't.

The "OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 0." is supposedly a failed authentication which I think is the issue. If it is/isn't, what approach can I make to join the room?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 0

This means that the client received a response to the operation with code 230 (Authenticate) with ReturnCode 0 (OK / Success).

So nothing wrong with the authentication.

You need to call any of the methods that lead to entering a room to trigger the OnJoinedRoom() callback.
  • Alright thanks! The issue is that (I may have skipped over a portion of the tutorial) I wasn't ever calling on PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom because the play button simply connects me.