Current version of Photon voice not working when I update from v1.13

Hi, I'm having a pretty hard time getting to the bottom of this problem - I updated to a new version of voice from the older version I was using (v1.13). I don't change anything besides updating, but now there is no transmission of voice between clients. There aren't any errors or anything, I'm just kind of lost as to how I should go about debugging this. Any input helps, thanks!

Comments

• I'm using a self-hosted server, I'm finding some threads suggesting that Voice currently doesn't work out of the box with that configuration.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Billy,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Could you try a new project, import Photon Voice, open any of our demo scenes and try connecting to your self-hosted server?

Any logs to share? Try increasing logging levels and enabling "DebugInfo".

Did you try removing anything Photon related and import fresh Photon Voice?

I'm finding some threads suggesting that Voice currently doesn't work out of the box with that configuration.
    This is not the case. Where did you read that exactly? could you share the links?
  • Billy
    Billy
    edited September 2018
    Hey @JohnTube,

I just tracked this down, using info from this post. It seems that I wasn't able to connect to the voice room without setting the room options to publish user Ids:
    roomOptions = new RoomOptions() { PublishUserId = true };

Once I did this, I was able to connect.