the limit of messages per second in the game room

hi , there

my company develop game using photon server and unity pun both free license.
but it sometimes gets really slow, I am concern it if regrading of message limit of room or not.
I can not find the newest reference of message limit in photon server.
what I found is 300msg / second / room , it wrote at 2013 and I also found 500 limit in photon cloud
how about photon server? is it same as photon cloud.

otherwise, I am really concern if it peaks limit , what will happen, will it reject or eject the event from player.

yours sincerely

Comments

• Your own Photon server doesn't have a message limitation as far as I know. 300 msg/s is the old PUN limitation. 500 the new one
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi @sinikami,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

@lennart862 is right.
    Self-hosted Photon Server does not have the room rate limit.
    300 is the old Photon Cloud value.
  • JohnTube said:

Hi @sinikami,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

@lennart862 is right.
    Self-hosted Photon Server does not have the room rate limit.
    300 is the old Photon Cloud value.

Hi @JohnTube

Thanks for your responding
    Do you mean there is not any rate limit when I use PUN + Photon Server and the 500 msg/s limit just for
    PUN + Photon cloud.

Also I get an another question
    Do you have any suggestion that how many messages per second at single room would be stable

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sinikami,

there is not any rate limit when I use PUN + Photon Server and the 500 msg/s limit just for
    PUN + Photon cloud.
    Yes this is correct. That is what I meant.

Do you have any suggestion that how many messages per second at single room would be stable
    It depends on your game and maybe specs of your server. Only you can test and see for yourself to decide. You can have rooms with 1000 msg/s or even 1500 msg/s. But always the fewer the better even for the clients.