Friend in different region can't hear audio

Hi! I'm making a music game with photon voice where the master client uses a photon audio pusher to steam the music to the other clients.

I am based in England, and when playing with my friend in England, the audio works fine. Also, when running multiple clients on my laptop, the audio works fine. However, when playing with my friend in the US, PUN works (as I can see his avatar) but he can't hear any audio.

I tried forcing PUN to connect to the EU region but the results are the same...

Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Do you see errors or anything helpful in logs? Voice client may be disconnected for some reason.
    You can try to test connection with TestVoice projects. It shows connections state for both PUN and Voice in ui. Or implement similar output in your app.
  • vadim said:

Hi,

Do you see errors or anything helpful in logs? Voice client may be disconnected for some reason.
    You can try to test connection with TestVoice projects. It shows connections state for both PUN and Voice in ui. Or implement similar output in your app.

Hi @vadim ,

I tried the test scene, but for some reason the UI doesn't appear on my friend's PC. Maybe its a problem with his pc... but we can't check the details without the UI working. How do I access the logs?

Also it has the same results, we can see eachother but not hear eachother.
  • Oh! It turned out it was his PC!

We tried on another one of his computers and it seems to work.

The one which doesnt work is windows 8.1, does voice not work with this?
  • It should work.
    We can't say anything w/o logs.
    Maybe this is the same issue as in http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/comment/38661