What's a difference between UNET and PUN?

Options
In UNET, one of clients is a host (client+server). Bolt is the same (peer2peer).
And what about PUN? I guess the only difference is a server is in the cloud. In UNET server hosts on client device, in PUN server sends to the cloud since it's been created and it hosts there.
I read the docs and see the same client code "Create Room", "Join Room", "isMasterClient"... and no server code. Hence, bad people still can disassemble my game, create their own build and cheat?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @hottabych,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

About the difference between our products or our products and UNet, you can find more information in our FAQ.

You can also have server-side code with Photon Realtime or PUN.
    We recommend Game Server Plugins, it's only for self-hosted Photon Servers or Enterprise Cloud only though.
  • hottabych
    hottabych
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You can also have server-side code with Photon Realtime or PUN.
    We recommend Game Server Plugins, it's only for self-hosted Photon Servers or Enterprise Cloud only though.

I do not feel able to create my own custom authoritative server yet.
    Can i do it using PlayFab and its CloudScript? It looks much simplier with the same result.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can i do it using PlayFab and its CloudScript?
    It depends on what you want to do exactly. For instance, webhooks is useful mainly for saving and loading room state.
    It looks much simplier with the same result.
    It is not as simple as it looks like.