opus_egpv.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

This has been causing build crashes whenever a player gets kicked from an online room by a host. Can anyone inform me on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Andy

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AndyWasHere,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

So you are using PUN's CloseConnection() from MasterClient to kick players? And everytime you do so, app crashes for which player? MasterClient only? Kicked player? Both? All players?

What PUNVoice version is this?
    What Unity version is this?
    What target platform is this?
  • HI Andy,
    Can you please send application log, crash dump, reproduction steps and any other info that can help?
  • AndyWasHere
    edited October 2017
    Refer post below. Something weird happened with my forum post so I had to make another one.
  • AndyWasHere
    edited October 2017
    My post got deleted as I was editing? That's frustrating...
    So it didn't get deleted but it was gone for a time. Then it came back. So disregard above message. :)

PUNVoice: 1.84 (soon to upgrade to 1.87 for RPC optimization)
    Unity: 2017.1.1f (was having issues with 2017.0 too)
    Target: PC with VR integration. We are currently testing with Vive and Oculus.

There are two cases where the error occurs. I forget to mention this happens in editor when trying to join a room sometimes too. It happens enough to be a concern but it does not happen to all players for some reason. We're still unable to figure out the pattern as to why it consistently affects some players but not the others.
    Edit: We've had hundreds of playthroughs prior to this starting occur. Since upgrading to 2017, this has been an issue. We were working on 5.6 before but made the jump due to other issues in regards to another third-party asset as well as having a more stable cloud collab that Unity provides.

There are three players in a game, one being the MasterClient. They're all playing until the end, and when MasterClient hits game over, the two other players are forcefully leaving the game via PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom. Upon leaving, several small scenes are unloaded as well as the big main scene, and the lobby scene gets loaded. Any RPC's called by those leaving players are cleaned up. They should get dumped back into the Lobby. The avatar they are using that has the photon voice feature to speak gets destroyed. When they are forcefully leaving, their app would crash.

For the editor's case, I would try to join an open room from the Lobby. In OnJoinedRoom function, I am loading in several but small scenes as well as the big main scene. I also spawn an avatar that has the photon voice feature. I also set my player type. The entirety of the function follows through since I have a debug at the end of the method that spits out. After that debug, that's where I would crash.

However, when I am hosting and create a room, no issues. Then after leaving said room manually to join that other room where I attempted previously before it crashed, it would let me join.

Crash log:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb8y0eww9varyd0/Crash_2017-10-17_205618.rar?dl=0

Here's an editor log related to the crash I was mentioning:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpcvwf6vb8ytq7h/Editor.log?dl=0

Some other info in case it matters, I have the Photon folder as a subfolder to my general Network folder under Assets. Assets/Network/PUNVoice, etc... I also have several Photon related assets. They are Photon Unity Network, PhotonChatApi, and PUNVoice. But I think I just downloaded the Voice assets from the asset store and it gave me all of that.

Edit: I also consistently get a PUNVoice: Audio Frame event for not existing speaker for voice #... whenever I go back into Lobby from a game. This is constantly shooting warning messages in the console and does not stop until I join another game or a create a room of my own.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Some clarifications:

PUNVoice: 1.84 (soon to upgrade to 1.87 for RPC optimization)
    I think you are mixing PUN and PUNVoice versions.
    Latest PUNVoice (a.k.a Photon Voice) is 1.11 which includes PUN 1.85.
    You can find PUNVoice version in "Assets\PUNVoice\changelog.txt".
    PUN's version can be found in two different places: PhotonNetwork.versionPUN or "Assets\Photon Unity Networking\changelog.txt".
    So I think either you have PUNVoice 1.9 or you did not import PUNVoice in full.

Some other info in case it matters, I have the Photon folder as a subfolder to my general Network folder under Assets. Assets/Network/PUNVoice, etc... I also have several Photon related assets. They are Photon Unity Network, PhotonChatApi, and PUNVoice. But I think I just downloaded the Voice assets from the asset store and it gave me all of that.
    You are importing PUN and Photon Voice separately. PhotonChatApi is part of PUN and not part of PUNVoice.
  • AndyWasHere
    edited October 2017
    Hi JohnTube,

Okay, we are currently reimporting the PUNVoice and not anything else. However, do you think that is the cause for our crash?
  • AndyWasHere
    edited October 2017
    @JohnTube @vadim
    Hey guys, just an update: We made sure that PUNVoice (1.11) was the only asset downloaded and we still have the opus crash.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ftzz3i4l2be9ljp/AACgOrBv9d-7JaglE8D-WFIxa?dl=0

This happened when the MasterClient leaves and kicks everyone out of the room. The clients' apps crashes then.

Unity version and platform the same as mentioned above.

I would appreciate any insights on this!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AndyWasHere,

We think this issue should be fixed in the next update, we will try to release it next week.
    Thank you for your patience!
  • AndyWasHere
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for your answer! *fingers crossed

I will give an update post-download once I get it whenever release.

Much appreciation,
    Andy
  • We are having similar problems, @AndyWasHere where you able to find a solution ?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have released Photon Voice 1.13 today with a fix to this issue.
    Let us know if you still reproduce it after the update.
  • So far, none! But the clients we've had playing were always stable before. I'll give an update when we can get some of the more crash-prone players to play and give feedback. Appreciate your work!
  • We are having similar problems, @AndyWasHere where you able to find a solution ?

Oh, by the way, if the PhotonVoiceSettings doesn't have auto-disconnect checked off, you should try that. I messed around with the settings for a little bit before the 1.13 update and we noticed a decrease in crashes on the dev side after some should-be-obvious settings changes. Again, not sure if it helped our clients but it's a step forward.