Unity 2017.2 & iOS 11 - crashing on iPhone

Kreso
Kreso
edited October 2017 in Photon Voice
I simply imported Photon Voice package, and set the both IDs.

Running on the computer works fine (OSX).
Building on device works, but once the user is connected to the server - app crashes.

Can you please test Photon Voice in Unity 2017.2?

Thank you,
Kreso

Comments

• Just tried building a runtime for OSX - build fails.
    Plugin 'libopus_egpv.so' is used from several locations:
     Assets/Plugins/x86_64/libopus_egpv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libopus_egpv.so
     Assets/Plugins/x86/libopus_egpv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libopus_egpv.so
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Kreso,

Thank you for choosing Photon and reporting these!

We will look into it and get back to you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Hi Kreso,

For iOS issue, please try to add NSMicrophoneUsageDescription key to Info.plist in xcode project exported by Unity.
    For OSX, you need to manually set platform per dll in editor inspector.
  • Hi all ,

I am using Photon voice asset in my unity project , in android and windows platform every thing working fine , once i switched to ios platform its getting crashed in ios device on start , where as in unity editor every thing working fine .Please help me with this issue
  • vadim said:

Hi Kreso,

For iOS issue, please try to add NSMicrophoneUsageDescription key to Info.plist in xcode project exported by Unity.
    For OSX, you need to manually set platform per dll in editor inspector.

Any one tried this one , is it working fine now with out crashing ?
  • Hey Damu,
    I am currently looking into other voice solutions for Unity, so I haven't tried the fix.
  • @Kreso ,

Thanks for quick reply, any suggestion for fixing it ? . I have struck to this for last 2 days.Any help would be appreaciated
  • Hi Kreso,

I have fixed it , Open xcode and open info.Plist with source code and add below lines to the code , It worked for me

NSMicrophoneUsageDescription
    Need microphone access for uploading videos
    NSCameraUsageDescription
    Need camera access for uploading Images
    NSLocationUsageDescription
    Need location access for updating nearby friends
    NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription
    This app will use your location to show you cool stuff near you.
    NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription
    NeedLibrary access for uploading Images
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    We have released Photon Voice 1.13 today with fixes to the issues reported here.
    Please updated and tell us if you still reproduce any.

You still need to manually update iOS project in XCode as shown here.
  • strikky
    strikky
    edited December 2017
    Sorry to report that this crash is still happening for me with PUNVoice 1.13, iOS 11 Unity 2017.2

I have set my NSMicrophoneUsageDescription correctly, infact I've set permissions as in Damu's quote just for good measure.

Note that the crash occurs only on first-time load (after a clean installation of the app), after the Native dialog box requesting access to the microphone pops up, and is accepted.
  • Yeah - infact this will be a hard one to reproduce. I had the microphone requesting access during the start of a game level, and just changed it to the start of the app load and it didn't crash - so there's something probably conflicting or a timing issue here... anyway works for me for the time being.
  • Photon Voice is crashing for me too on iOS. Just loading the demo on iOS and trying to start the app..as soon as it connects it crashes. I don't have access to xCode to try what you suggested. I hope they actually fix this so that I can finally try Photon Voice.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @strikky,

Could you give us more details on what you did exactly to make it work? What did you change in code?
    I believe nothing from XCode project but a line of code was moved in Unity project.
    We want to add this to known issues on our docs and help others as well like @JGameMaker.
  • EolianDEVTeam
    edited December 2017
    After encountering the same issue, we resolved it by explicitly naming the Project Name key in info.plst. It was throwing an error that in debug mode that lead us there. Changing the Project Name to "Test App" resolved it.