Problem starting an application: Could not load file or asse

lefti0
edited September 2011 in Photon Server
Hello,

another question from a photon noob: Photon is just a great piece of software and actually I had an application working nicely for some time.
Since yesterday something goes wrong when starting the Photon instance. I am using Photon 2 (current version on both server and client)

The error message is:
Failed to restart application: CManagedHost::StartApplication() - Failed to start application in AppDomain: 6 - Could not load file or assembly 'xxx' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Is there some way to find out WHICH file cannot be found or get a more detailed error message?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• the missing assembly should be the 'xxx'.
  • xxx is the name of the application assembly itself, but that is not missing. Some other file it needs maybe cannot be found?

I can see in the respective log file that at least the application Setup() is running successfully, I can debug through it with VS, and somewhere after that the error occurs but have no idea where that could be.
  • Do you use native dlls? They won't work with autorestart enabled and show the error above.
    I think the same applies to .net 4 compiled dlls that are started with .net 2.