Demo Not working on my PC anymore

thetnswe
thetnswe ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
Hi,
I saw that package on Unity asset store and I am so excited to test for this plugins. This plugin make me feel alot more comfortable to use compare to other Bootcamp and MMO versions.

I created a new project, import the Unity package, Extract the server and Run Photon Control then I open the Demo scene and I hit play and after that create game and so on and it was working perfectly.

I reopend the same project today, run PhotonControl and then hit play in Unity. Now I can't create or Join game anymore.

I re-download and redo everything from scratch and it doesn't work anymore...

Can somebody give me advice of what should I do?

PS.. All other MMODemo and Bootcamp demo is working fine...

Comments

• The server might take some time at startup. Even if the icon of PhotonControl turned blue already, Photon might take a bit longer to actually be responsive.
    Can you verify you didn't try "too fast"?
  • No.. open two different Unity Project.. One is the Realtime Demo and other one is Plugin Networking version..

Realtime Demo works Though...

Here is the error List.... while using the newest Photon Server.

Note: I didn't receive any error while running Photon Server which is included in the Unity Networking Plugin Package..

OperationResponse 1: ReturnCode: -1 (Unknown operation code 1). Parameters: {}
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:77)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:668)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:679)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)

Authentication failed: OperationResponse 1: ReturnCode: -1 (Unknown operation code 1). Parameters: {}.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:77)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:668)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:690)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)
  • looks like you have another photon instance running potentially as service so the Photon3 used for Photon Unity Networking can't even start and it will not work with Photon 2.x at all
  • So.. How can I make sure that every instance of the Photon Server is turned off before I run Photon 3.0 server... I did restart the computer and it doesn't seem to work that way.
  • After I restart everything including Windows Restart, Remove Service from Photon Control, Install Service, Start service.. wait for about 5 minutes and then re-open my Unity Photon Networking plugin project and then hit play..

Exactly same error happens... :(
  • The easiest way to check if the old Photon is running is to open the task manager (right-click the processes-bar at the bottom, select "task manager"). If you find PhotonSocketServer.exe, then it's still running.

Maybe you installed a service for the old version of Photon? It's likely that the path to the Photon executable changed. It's easy to fix: In PhotonControl, remove the service and install it. Make sure to use Photon 3's PhotonControl then :)
  • i make sure that the serverprocess is not running inside the Task manager processess. I open PhoronControl (Photon 3) -> Remove Service -> Reinstall the service -> Run Unity Project and still the same error .. :( I am really confuse of what should I do now..

Here is the log file

7032: 17:58:44.536 - Service: "Photon Socket Server" starting
    7032: 17:58:44.536 - Config File: C:\Users\blabla\Desktop\Photon Socket Server\ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v3-0-2-2173-RC1\deploy\bin_Win64\PhotonServer.config
    7032: 17:58:44.538 - Will NOT produce crash dumps
  • Err. You misled me a bit. I got the impression your server is the issue but the original one is that your client is incompatible with the server you run.
    Your earlier log "Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:77" shows that you're using the Photon Unity Plugin. This comes with it's own Server in a zip. You have to run exactly this server with the Worker Demo and anything that's based off Photon Unity Networking. The package is built with fitting client and server, so you can't simply switch to use Photon 3 RC1 or any other version.

Please unzip the server from the package from the asset store. Keep an eye out for v1.1, which has a fix for Win XP in the server (it's submitted to the store but i don't know when it's live there). Dont unzip the server into your /Assets folder. The files are not assets of the client you build, nor are they for Unity.
  • oops.. great.... :) I though Unity Photon Networking is also compatible with Photon 3.0 as it also include loadbalancing stuffs.. I remove all the service, restart everything and now it get back to the working state...

So... what it means is that I can't use Photon 3.0 feature if I am using that plugin? I feel alittle it confuse about that .. :)
  • At the moment, the Photon Unity Networking plugin only works with the server from the package.
    It will become compatible in one of the next updates.