unreal 4.16 photon error

hello

im trying to compile the PhotonDemoParticle demo and have these errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Error C3861 'assert': identifier not found PhotonDemoParticle G:\ue4 16\PhotonDemoParticle-UE4\Source\PhotonDemoParticle\demo_particle_common\LoadBalancingListener.cpp 49 Error Failed to produce item: G:\ue4 16\PhotonDemoParticle-UE4\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-PhotonDemoParticle-Win64-DebugGame.dll PhotonDemoParticle G:\ue4 16\PhotonDemoParticle-UE4\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1 Error (active) identifier "FDrawingPolicyRenderState" is undefined PhotonDemoParticle g:\UE_4.16\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\SceneManagement.h 1560 Error MSB3075 The command "G:\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat PhotonDemoParticleEditor Win64 DebugGame "G:\ue4 16\PhotonDemoParticle-UE4\PhotonDemoParticle.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. PhotonDemoParticle C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37
i think i did everything as it says here though its not exactly 'out of the box'

any ideas how to fix this or what i may have done wrong?

thank you

Comments

• Hi @tegleg.

Please replace the call to assert() in LoadBalancingListener.cpp(49) with a call to DEBUG_ASSERT() with the same parameters as before.
    That should fix the error.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will adjust the demo project accordingly.