Looking for truesync RTS tutorial

Or can we discuss this topic here?

Comments

• Is Unity navigation suitable for moving units?
  • Hi @Burnout, it is a good tutorial to be included later, if you have doubts about it feel free to reply us.
  • Hi @Burnout, it is a good tutorial to be included later, if you have doubts about it feel free to reply us.

Can i use unity nav mesh agent for pathfinding. Is it deterministic?
  • Hi @Burnout, sadly you can't. You may have noticed we use fixed point math (FP numbers) to have the same calculations of every machine, Unity's pathfinding it is not deterministic across clients.
  • What alternatives? Any ready-to-use assets in assetstore?
  • @Burnout unfortunately no ready-to-use that I know about it :/. An anternative for now would be your own implementation, you could create some simple approach if it is ok for your needs.
  • Can i use unity nav mesh without nav mesh agent? If i bake nav mesh before game start will it be deterministic?
  • Hey @Burnout, I don't know for sure if it will be deterministic as I don't have a deep knowledge about unity's nav mesh. As nav mesh seems important to you to use you can try searchs like "nav mesh determinitic" and check if there is an approach that you could use in your game.