Problem adding new application to server

Options
htaunay
edited August 2011 in Photon Server
I'm trying to create a new server app (inheriting from LiteLobby). It compiles with no problems on my workstation, using the Photon SDK libs as references, and I already have the Lite and LiteLobby app's configured and running smoothly at my server on Amazon's Cloud, but when I add MyApp to the PhotonServer.config and restart it I get the following error:

--> CService::OnException() - Exception: CManagedHost::StartApplication()
- Failed to start application in AppDomain: 6 - Could not load file or
assembly 'Photon.SocketServer, Version=2.4.7.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=48c2fa3b6988090e' or one of its dependencies. The
located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I am aware that this is a .NET/C# problem, and not Photon's, but I'm finding this behavior very strange since my app is built with working dll's. Is there any restriction that I may not be aware of? I am using VS2010 and .NET 4.0. I tried downgrading to 3.5, but then I got compilation errors saying that the Lite+LiteLobby references wouldn't work in such version...

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    The current version is Photon 2.6, but the error says version 2.4.7.0 is missing.
    Did you maybe build your app with one version, and now try to run it with the other?
  • It ending up being a obscure problem in the configuration of our server (facepalm)
    Sorry for polluting the forum :? , but thanks anyway for the quick response.