Photon Instantiate buffered ?

Are Photon Instantiate calls buffered ? What we are seeing is Player 1 joins/creates a room. Player 2 joins the room. Player 1 can see Player 2 but Player 2 cannot. It loooks like Player1 gameobject is not being instantiated. We are not using Photon.LoadLevel could that be an issue ? If it is then is there are way to not use Photon's LoadLevel and have player's synced.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi @Tinasious,

Photon's Instantiate(...) calls are buffered on the server, so every newly connected client gets this when joining a room. When calling Instantiate(...) function you have a fourth parameters which describes the group for the PhotonView component. Do you have a value other than 0 for this?

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel(...) should have nothing to do with it, especially in your case, when you don't use it. So I see no problem here.

Can you please check if (when the Unity Editor is the second client and standalone build is MasterClient) the other player's character get instantiated / is visible in the editor's scene hierarchy?
  • Hi @Tinasious,

Photon's Instantiate(...) calls are buffered on the server, so every newly connected client gets this when joining a room. When calling Instantiate(...) function you have a fourth parameters which describes the group for the PhotonView component. Do you have a value other than 0 for this?

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel(...) should have nothing to do with it, especially in your case, when you don't use it. So I see no problem here.

Can you please check if (when the Unity Editor is the second client and standalone build is MasterClient) the other player's character get instantiated / is visible in the editor's scene hierarchy?

Thanks for the reply, We were using group 0 , it was actually an issue with our scene loading. We load up a intermediate "Loading scene" and switch over to the gameplay scene once everything is loaded up. The photon objects were being instantiated in the loading scene rather than the gameplay scene. Changing the order of loading fixed this for us :)
  • I'm facing the same issue and using group 0 without any intermediate scene