WebGL + Time.timeScale=0 results in no longer receiving messages

Options
Everything in WebGL seems to be working great except for this one thing. If I set Time.timeScale to 0, or something really low, it stops receiving messages (both in the Editor and in the build). This works fine in standalone/mobile builds.

Setting up some debug logs, I noticed that in the WebSocket.cs class, m_Socket.OnMessage still fires as expected, but in PhotonHandler, although Update is still running, PhotonNetwork.networkingPeer.QueuedIncomingCommands is always 0. So the issue seems to happen somewhere between those 2.

I just updated to the latest PUN+ version on the Asset Store (v1.78) and this issue is still present there.

Any ideas on what I can do other than changing the game to not use Time.timeScale to pause?

Comments

• jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

I am looking at this. I'll get back to you when I have a conclusive answer.

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

I can't reproduce this. Can you make a small repro scene? maybe I am missing a step in trying to reproduce this.

Bye,

Jean
  • Oana
    Oana
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks for looking into it!

Here's a really quick demo of the issue: [MODERATED: I removed the link, you should not give your app id publicly]

So open 2 instances and they should send a message to each other, with a counter displaying how many were received on the screen.

If you make one of the instances a WebGL build, or just switch the platform in the editor, and press the "Pause" button, it will stop receiving messages.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ok, first of all, thanks for the link, I downloaded it, but also removed it from your post, cause you should not give away your appId.

So, yes, I can repro this. Let me try to find the reason. I'll get back to you on this.

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Ok, can you import that package. It features the fix for the webgl socket.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17356625/Unity/ExitGames/webGLSocket.unitypackage

Let me know if it works out on your end. We'll push this for the next update on the asset store.

Bye,

Jean
  • Oana
    Options
    Whoopsie. I used a test app ID, that has the free version only, so hopefully that won't be big problem.

And many thanks for the fix! Works perfectly!
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

no worries :) I am glad it works now, will be in the next update on the asset store

Bye,

Jean