Tizen suport

Hello,
Any plan to add suport for Tizen platform?
Thanks

Answers

• No Tizen?
  • Hi,

I don't think it's supported at this point. If you have a tizen phone, have you tried and experienced issues when trying to run our demos?

Bye,

Jean
  • No problem with the editor, but when I try to built to Tizen I get some errors:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs(186,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IPhotonPeerListener' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(33,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PhotonPeer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PingCloudRegions.cs(18,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PhotonPing' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/SocketUdp.cs(22,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IPhotonSocket' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PhotonChatApi/ChatClient.cs(32,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IPhotonPeerListener' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PhotonChatApi/ChatPeer.cs(20,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PhotonPeer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Photon PUN+ 1.75
    Unity 5.4.1f1
  • Hi,

Ok, so indeed it's never been tested in house.

- Have enabled the photon dlls for tizen platform?

One possible alternative could be to use Marmalade, that works on Tizen, and within this framework, Photon has an sdk for it. But that means a different project than with Unity, so...

Bye,

Jean
  • Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/Extensions.cs(15,43): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Hashtable' does not exist in the namespace `ExitGames.Client.Photon'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

me too.

getting that kind of error + 48 more...

i wish photon supports tizne too..
  • Hi,

Which version of Unity are you using?

Bye,

Jean
  • @jeanfabre
    Unity 5.4.3p4

does PUN support tizen?
    would enabling dll platforms and removing
    #if (Not Tizen Platforms)

solve the problem?
  • Hi,

we don't have any in house tests for Tizen platform, so you should experiment on your side to check if you can get it run. right now I don't think there are plans to check Tizen platform and troubleshoot potential issues.

Bye,

Jean
  • crystalpug
    edited August 2017
    @uzu I recently purchased a Samsung Z2 running Tizen 2.4 and can confirm that Photon PUN 1.85 works on it with Unity 5.6.2f1. My test was limited to running a game cross-platform 1v1 (1 PC client and 1 Tizen client). It worked as expected, the same as it behaved on Android and iOS.

The only change I had to make was as suggested above by @jeanfabre :
    Select the file "Plugins/Photon3Unity3D.dll" in the Editor and tick Tizen in the "Include Platforms" list.
  • Hi,

Excellent, thanks for letting us know!

Bye,

Jean