timeout for channel clean up

Hello

I see the chat channel is destroyed immediately after last user leave it
it is unacceptable for our games
We have alot of players online, but they rarely visit chat channel, just to check for news
since the channel is cleared several times a day so every first user see the empty channel without any messages
that is not what we need

Is there the possibility to setup a delay ( hour, day or week )
before cleanup the channel after all users exit ?

If not, this is my feature request

Comments

• there is no such feature. and as i said we are preparing plugin sdk, which will help you to solve this by saving history on external server
  • is there any ETA for plugin sdk ?
  • Let me clarify the options and plans:

1) We are actively working on "Chat WebHooks". This is similar to Realtime WebHooks (see http://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/reference/webhooks) and will allow to save/load the message history. We plan to put this in early access end of July.

2) The Photon Server Chat Framework and "Chat Plugins" will only available to Enterprise customers.
  • Hi,
    Any updates on WebHooks for Chat? We already have a game live with Photon chat. Currently we are storing history on device only which doesn't work in multi device scenarios. Hope to see plugin update soon
  • yes, we are almost done. first version will be ready in couple of weeks
  • Any updates on release of Web hooks for Photon Chat?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please send an early access request to developer@photonengine.com with the test Chat AppID you want to use with webhooks.
  • As you might have noticed, Chat Webhooks have been released. You can configure them via your dashboard.