Export for Mac OS

vadim
vadim mod
edited March 2016 in Photon Voice
Exports to Mac OS are not fully automated at the moment.

After exporting PUNVoice application for Mac OS, please copy the folder
Assets\Plugins\libopus_egpv.bundle\Contents\MacOS\libopus_egpv
to
demo.app\Contents\Frameworks\MonoEmbedRuntime\osx\

We will come up with a solution to make Unity deploy libopus_egpv library to proper location automatically.

Comments

• iAR
    iAR
    edited March 2016
    To make it work on the editor, copy
    to the folder of the unity project. Same level that Assets. If you create a Unity project called "voice", on the voice folder.
    That makes the demo work in the editor

Hope it helps
  • milespeyton
    edited April 2016
    vadim said:

Exports to Mac OS are not fully automated at the moment.

After exporting PUNVoice application for Mac OS, please copy the folder
    to
    demo.app\Contents\Frameworks\MonoEmbedRuntime\osx\

We will come up with a solution to make Unity deploy libopus_egpv library to proper location automatically.

Hello,

I did this to my exported app, and am still getting a "DLLNotFoundException" in the development console. Maybe I'm not understanding your instructions correctly, because "libopus_egpv" is a file and not a folder.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks

EDIT: I should also add that the voice works fine in the editor for me, after following iAR's instructions.
  • Fixed it! For anyone else who has this problem, I changed "architecture" to "Universal" in the build settings. It was "x86" before.
  • Hi there,

I'm running into problems getting this running in the editor or in a standalone. On my version libopus_egpv seems to be renamed to opus_egpv, but I've copied this file anyway to the root directory of the Unity project.

Here's the error in the console, which happens whether opus_egpv is in the root directory or not:

EntryPointNotFoundException: opus_encoder_get_size
    POpusCodec.Wrapper.opus_encoder_create (SamplingRate Fs, Channels channels, OpusApplicationType application) (at Assets/Plugins/POpusCodec/OpusWrapper.cs:124)
    POpusCodec.OpusEncoder..ctor (SamplingRate inputSamplingRateHz, Channels numChannels, Int32 bitrate, OpusApplicationType applicationType, Delay encoderDelay) (at Assets/Plugins/POpusCodec/OpusEncoder.cs:227)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.LocalVoice..ctor (ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.Client client, Byte id, IAudioStream audioStream, System.Object userData, Int32 encoderSamplingRateHz, Int32 numChannels, Int32 bitrate, Int32 delay)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.Client.CreateLocalVoice (IAudioStream audioStream, ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.VoiceInfo voiceInfo) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonVoiceApi/Client.cs:456)
    PhotonVoiceNetwork.CreateLocalVoice (IAudioStream audioClip, ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.VoiceInfo voiceInfo) (at Assets/PUNVoice/Scripts/PhotonVoiceNetwork.cs:190)
    PhotonVoiceRecorder.Start () (at Assets/PUNVoice/Scripts/PhotonVoiceRecorder.cs:239)

I'm still on Yosemite 10.10.2... I'm wondering if this could be part of the issue?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
  • I got this working by replacing all instances of "__Internal" with "opus_egpv" inside the "#if UNITY_IPHONE || (UNITY_STANDALONE_OSX && UNITY_EDITOR)" condition of this file:
    Assets/Plugins/POpusCodec/OpusWrapper.cs
    I'm only building for OS X and Windows, so I have no idea what effect this might have on an iOS build.

• vadim
    vadim mod
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for comment. We totally forgot about these defines and wondered why Standalone export works while Editor does not.
    It would be simpler to replace
    #if UNITY_IPHONE || (UNITY_STANDALONE_OSX && UNITY_EDITOR)
    with
    #if UNITY_IPHONE

We will update package asap
  • Please also note that since PhotonVoice v 1.1 was released with libs moved and renamed, the initial post is not relevant anymore. This thread to be deleted soon. So please open new discussion in case of further failures.