Multiples instances

Options
Laykker
Laykker
edited July 2015 in Photon Bolt
In the api, the function for load map is : BoltNetwork.LoadScene(map);
It actually load only the map for the server.
But, Is there a way to dynamically load multiples instances of a scene without launch a server/scene (like a MOBA style) ?

Thx for your replies

Comments

• stanchion
    Options
    By MOBA you mean there are many games happening at the same time?
  • Laykker
    Options
    Exactly !

At the moment i have a server which can connect with some clients but only load 1 map.

I just want to know if there is a way to generate "rooms" in runtime, meaning that many games can be play at the same time ?

• Tobias
    Options
    No, it's not possible to run multiple games (scenes) in one host.
    Unity loads the scenes, runs the physics, etc. It's not possible to have multiple distinct locations in Unity's "world".
  • Manmax75
    Options
    What if you had multiple copies of the same world within your scene? Then just allocate/create new "world" instances as necessary and put the players there.

This works as long as the instances don't start getting placed 9000m away from the origin, otherwise you'll start getting floating-point errors.
  • stanchion
    Options
    Fholm said some people do that. I guess you have to find a balanced between the overhead of Unity and the amount of players in each instance.
  • RancorStudios
    Options
    I think you would benefit from multiple server instances and treating each server as a room. That is what Zeus is there to facilitate.