WebGL Chat not connecting

BFSKyle
BFSKyle
edited June 2015 in Photon Chat
Hey,

We are using Photon Chat with Unity (PUN) at the latest version (1.5.2, 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 all have the issue). When you try to connect using WebGL, it fails.

By the looks of it, it is connecting to the nameserver ([url=wss://ns.exitgames.com:19093]wss://ns.exitgames.com:19093[/url]) which is successful. This then gives me a new domain to connect to, in my case it is [url=wss://wssphoton-chat-eu-trafficmanager-net.exitgames.com:19092]wss://wssphoton-chat-eu-trafficmanager- ... .com:19092[/url] which it can never connect to. I can't get any DNS service to look up that domain name, and in the Editor it eventually times out with the error:
Exiting receive thread due to error: An exception has occurred while connecting. / System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
  at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect (System.String hostname, Int32 port) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor (System.String hostname, Int32 port) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.setClientStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.doHandshake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WebSocketSharp.WebSocket.connect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.Chat.ChatClient:ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener.DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/ChatApi/ChatClient.cs:536)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.<ReceiveLoop>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/SocketWebTcp.cs:174)

This is using a completely fresh blank project using the PUN Demo chat scene. Are the Chat servers not yet available for WebGL?

Comments

• Right, the Chat Servers are not yet available for Secure WebSockets (wss). We are working on that.
    This should not affect any platforms, except WebGL exports, I hope?
  • OK - Thanks for the update. I've only been working on the WebGL port now, so haven't checked out Chat on other platforms (but I would imagine it would be working OK there).

Any ETA on when the chat servers will be up and running with Secure WebSockets?
  • We are working on it and will have a fix available next week.
  • VR49
    VR49
    edited March 2016
    It works now, thanks.