Hello World - Part 2 Tutorial [Solved]

kettu1213
edited May 2015 in DotNet
Hello,

I am following the "Hello World - Part 2" tutorial, and I'm currently in the PeerStatusCallback section. I have run into a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. In the following code:
case StatusCode.Connect:
	            Console.WriteLine("Calling OpJoin ...");
	            Hashtable opParams = new Hashtable();
	            opParams[(byte)LiteOpKey.RoomName] = "MyRoomName";
	            peer.OpCustom((byte)LiteOpCode.Join, opParams, true);
	            break;

LiteOpKey does exist.
LiteOpKey.RoomName does not exist. ('Cannot resolve symbol RoomName')

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time,

Mark

Comments

• It seems that:

LiteOpKey.DebugString

is missing as well.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
  • My apologies, but I solved the problem.

Like an idiot, I added the wrong PhotonDotNet.dll reference. I added the one from the server which works fine for Hello World Part 1, but does not work for Part 2. :) I have since removed that reference and added the one from the dotNet client, and all works well so far.

Again, apologies for the posts.
  • Good to know you found it! I immediately wondered how the demo was working ;)
  • Tobias wrote:
    Good to know you found it! I immediately wondered how the demo was working ;)

Thanks for replying Tobias! I was able to complete the tutorial without any problems. Great stuff! :)

Do you guys have any idea when Part 3 will be out?

Thank you, and keep up the amazing work!

Mark
  • I can't promise anything for part 3 at the moment. The guy who's working on the tutorial is distracted and pretty busy with some stuff with deadlines. I constantly bug him to finish, though :)
  • using ExitGames.Client.Photon.Lite;

is missing from the tutorial and the reason I got errors with LiteOpKey not found.

EDIT: OK, it's included at the end where the code is provided in whole. Just following along and you'll get stuck, if you cheat and just paste the code you'll succeed. Takes the fun out of a step by step though..
  • Good point. We will take a look and add the pointers where needed.
    Sorry for the hassle.