Hello World and Blank Server Setup

Rhoon
edited February 2011 in Photon Server
Hi All,

I'm attempting the Hello World and Blank Server Setup but I'm running into these errors (pulled from my log file). I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what is causing them?

2792: 17:56:53.482 - CManagedHost::OnDomainUnload() - 2
5488: 17:58:26.463 - CManagedHost::OnStackOverflow()
5488: 17:58:26.476 - CCLRApplicationCollection::Application::OnOperationReceive() - Exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' was thrown.
2792: 17:58:26.491 - CManagedHost::OnDomainUnload() - 3

I'm getting them when I attempt to send messages into the server (that's when OnStackOVerflow() pops up and the rest you see there).

I do get the Console.WriteLine("PeerStatusCallback: " + statusCode.ToString()); part of PeerStatusCallback(...) to execute when it connects, but that's as far as it goes.

Open to any suggestions, thanks.

Comments

• When exactly do you get the stack overflow? after sending the operation or after connecting? or after sending the event back to the client?
  • Boris,

The clients connects and it waits in the while() loop for a command. I enter "Test" or "Hello World" and once I hit enter, I get the stack overflow. I'm still trying to figure out how to log properly to get items to show up in the log file itself, so I can't tell you where the program is attempting to execute from there.
  • Did you try debugging the server as described here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=423 ?
    It sounds like you do something OnOperationRequest that causes the stack overflow.
  • Boris,

Appreciate the speedy replies. I'm still trying to get the server debugging to work, but here's my OnOperationRequest() method:

public void OnOperationRequest(OperationRequest request)
    {
    //Log.Error("Entering OnOperationRequest");
    chatChannel.Publish((string)request.Params[1]);
    }

Which chatchannel is:
    private static readonly Channel<string> chatChannel = new Channel<string>();

and I'm latching onto it via:

this.subscriber = chatChannel.Subscribe(this.fiber, this.DispatchMessage); // Set in MyPeer Constructor.
  • don't see anything unusual in these lines of code.. if you want you can send me a PM with your solution and I'll take a look.