Problem with Facebook custom authentication

Options
I have setup the Facebook custom authentication and if i check the 'Reject all clients if not available.' option, i can't connect. It returns in the OnCustomAuthenticationFailed method, the error message 'Custom authentication service error: Offline'.

Is there a problem with the custom authentication service ?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    What error do you get when this fails?
    Are you sure you setup the FB service on the server correctly and that the client side is doing it right, too?
    I am not aware of any issue.
  • Hello,

since when do you have this problem? Has this become an issue recently, has it worked before?

Which Photon Cloud region do you use?
  • I just found out that i can connect with tcp but not with udp.

I entered my facebook app's AppID and Secret in the photon facebook provider page and my photon application id in the unity PhotonServerSettings file. I use photon cloud, us or eu, udp.

Like i said, the OnCustomAuthenticationFailed(string debugMessage) method is called with the
    "Custom authentication service error: Offline" string.

I think it was working before, maybe i was using tcp at that time, not sure.

I use the following code to connect from the unity editor, where the FB class is from the facebook unity sdk.
    PhotonNetwork.AuthValues = new AuthenticationValues();
    PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AuthType = CustomAuthenticationType.Facebook;
    PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.SetAuthParameters(FB.UserId, FB.AccessToken);
    PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("1.0");
  • Thanks for the additional information. There have not been any changes to the EU / US Cloud recently, so I'm not aware of anything on "our" side that might cause this.
    On the server-side, the custom authentication code is the same for UDP or TCP, so that should definitely not make a difference. But we'll have a look at that and run some tests.

Thanks for sharing your findings so far!