extending operations on island Demo

2»

Comments

• My only guess at this stage is that something got mixed up on your end - try to download today's 2.4.7 release and do everything from the scratch. We tested on two different machines (and continents) and had no problem.
  • With 2.4.7 everything is working again for me thanks guys. Also when do you think that Bootcamp demo will be ready for testing? :)
  • good.
    currently working on documentation, so I hope to get it out either tomorrow or on Thursday.
  • thetnswe wrote:
    ok... thanks for it.. Can you please give me the links of how to setup the blank server processes?
    i just realized that it's not in the download anymore for some reason.
    I made the forum post where I initially uploaded it sticky and will add this topic to the devnet.
  • I have no idea that the weird subscribe/unsubscribe behaviors still happening on my machine.... I clean download the server 2.4.7 and I integrate the island demo exactly the same steps the readme file said.... the player avatar from other clients doesn't seems to be appeared if your view size is 19999x19999 from the start which means even if you increase your view size after the other clients are connected, you've no chance to see them ever again..

Also even if you increase the view size to maximum, player from other clients disappeared after 3 sec and never back again although they're displaying on the radar....
  • dreamora wrote:
    also if you set the rendering to not use deferred it will be worlds faster :)
    thanks for the tip
  • thetnswe wrote:
    I have no idea that the weird subscribe/unsubscribe behaviors still happening on my machine.... I clean download the server 2.4.7 and I integrate the island demo exactly the same steps the readme file said.... the player avatar from other clients doesn't seems to be appeared if your view size is 19999x19999 from the start which means even if you increase your view size after the other clients are connected, you've no chance to see them ever again..

Also even if you increase the view size to maximum, player from other clients disappeared after 3 sec and never back again although they're displaying on the radar....
    and you did start the 2.4.7 server and not your old one?
  • yes.. I did start 2.4.7 and also fresh download island demo and integrate with the Unity src from 2.4.7 and I also tried into both my work and home PC and they got the same behavior... anyway when will you be ready for integrating with bootcamp demo? really excited about that
  • I just reread what you wrote before - this only happens when you maximize the view area before others enter? Or does it happen in general?
    Bootcamp is coming soon- documentation is currently being reviewed.
  • no.... if you don't maximise the view before the other clients enters, you never have the chance to see that client again and even if you maximize the viewport before any other clients connected, you can only see that client for 2 sec and it disappear and never appear again..
  • I just took an empty machine win7 64bit, installed VS 2008 express, Unity 3.2 free, and photon 2.4.7.
    downloaded the island demo from unity and merged it into the photon island demo folder.
    opened the mmo sln and compiled.
    opened the island demo and compiled.
    started photon.
    started 2 unity clients - no problem.
    started wingrid, added 50 clients - no problem.
    centered all clients (hit C on each wingrid tab or numeric block 5 in unity client)
    increased and decreased view distances, jumped, rotated.. ran away from croud until i couldn't see them anymore.. hit E to spawn a second interest area.. saw them.. slowly increased view distance of interest area with mouse wheel.. saw them.. reset interest area with middle mouse click. don't see them anymore.. ran towards croud.. see them again.. check logs - no exception..
    it all works like a charm...

Still no idea what's going wrong on your end..
    what OS do you use?
  • I use Win 7 64 bit in my work PC and Win 32 bit at my home... may be something wrong with my machine.. I will wait for the bootcamp demo as it seems to be good by syncing animation states, raise events etc... :)
  • the first bootcamp version uses litelobby though, not the mmo layer.
  • thetnswe wrote:
    I use Win 7 64 bit in my work PC and Win 32 bit at my home... may be something wrong with my machine.. I will wait for the bootcamp demo as it seems to be good by syncing animation states, raise events etc... :)
    I never had this problem and think I already did all possible combinations of integration. Might be environmental, do you have latest system updates? Running .NET 4? Do you have some sort of security suite (honestly these are worst possible software you can install) they do all sorts of crazy stuff to networkings, ZoneAlarm is corrupting downloads at random to name one.
  • I think I have the latest system updates and I don't even install antivirus program whick might stop in networking stuffs.. If the bootcamp demo is not woring in my machine, I will clean install my OS again.. :) please let me know if the bootcamp demo is ready..
  • When the Bootcamp Demo is available, we will post here and on our blog. We will probably also post in the Unity Forum, so I think you will notice :)
    Too bad that this is not working for you. Weird.