WP8 Build Fails Serialization Weaver

Options
Hello,

We are trying to port our game to WP8 and our build keeps failing when doing "PostProcessing Player" with an Error of:

Error building Player: Exception: Failed to run serialization weaver with command line "Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll" -pdb -verbose -unity-engine=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll "Temp\StagingArea\TempSerializationWeaver".[Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll]
Symbols will be read from Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.pdb
Weaving assembly C:\Users\Marc\Perforce\SpatolaMarc_Workspace\PhotonWP8\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll
Symbols will be read from Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb
Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolFileException: Symbol file `C:\Users\Marc\Perforce\SpatolaMarc_Workspace\PhotonWP8\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb' does not match assembly `C:\Users\Marc\Perforce\SpatolaMarc_Workspace\PhotonWP8\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll'
at Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolFile.CheckGuidMatch(Guid other, String filename, String assembly)
at Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolFile..ctor(String filename, ModuleDefinition module)
at Mono.Cecil.Mdb.MdbReaderProvider.GetSymbolReader(ModuleDefinition module, String fileName)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleReader.CreateModuleFrom(Image image, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
at usw.Weaver.WeaveAssembly(String assemblyPath, AssemblyDefinition unityEngineAssemblyDefinition)
at usw.Weaver.Weave()
at usw.Program.RunProgram(ConversionOptions options)
at usw.Program.Main(String[] args)

We are running the latest version on Unity 4.5.4f1

We tried just building PUN in a separate project and we still getting the error. We were able to build to Windows Store just not to WP8.

-Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Hey, I came across your post looking for a solution to the same problem. Deleting Assets/Plugins/Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb stopped the error for me, although I haven't yet worked out why! Hopefully it'll get you moving again though. You might find a bit more info in this thread:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/player ... er.214375/
  • Will take a look thanks.
  • Tobias
    Options
    That looks like Unity copies that .mdb file into the WP8 project (and shouldn't).
    The file itself contains debug information for Mono Develop, however and VS can't use that. Worst of all: Unity will copy a slightly different DLL into the WP8 project and then the mdb doesn't even fit.

I will exclude this file type from the next Asset Store update. It's generated by Unity VS Tools but has no benefit in the store package.
  • Sounds great. I will try to update PUN soon.

Thanks.