Weird photon / unity network problem

Options
I'm using unity 4.5.1f3

after struggling with my code to sync players positions http://hastebin.com/oyinapuhus.avrasm

(the network instasiated objects stand still at their position, although they should update)

I played around with the Observe property of the PhotonView component of the prefab and found out:

at the worker and marcopolo tutorial the Observe property contained c# script icon with the prefab name.
on my prefab Observe property it contained a transform icon with the prefab name.

so I tried to drag the prefab to the Observe property of the marcopolo tutorial and worker demo and built again.
now they don't work.

anyway this is what I'm talking about, I think it has something to do with my script don't working.

2z7fvyh.png

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Hm. I can't reproduce the issue in Unity 4.3.4 and I doubt this broke in 4.5. But I'll verify tomorrow.
    The Boxes Demo only observes the transform. Did you test that "as is" after import to a fresh project?

You have to drag and drop the Prefab's transform component into the PV. Maybe remove the PV on the prefab, save and add a new one. Maybe it's some save-issue?
  • Tried both, don't work. I'm going to downgrade to 4.3.4 I hope it solves the problem.

I think it has something to do with NetworkView since I have the same problem when I don't use photon as well.
  • Tobias
    Options
    How do you have the same problem when you don't use Photon? Can you explain?