Failed parsing address

I just updated my PUN to the latest version(1.25.1), but I noticed when I try to leave a room I get the following error. This leaves me stuck in a Disconnecting from Master state and I have to call PhotonNetwork.ConnectToBestCloudServer to rejoin the lobby.

Unity error that shows after LeaveRoom is used but before OnLeftRoom event is fired:

Failed parsing address:
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:153)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:933)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonSocket:Connect()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp:Connect()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:Connect(String, String)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:Connect(String, String)
NetworkingPeer:Connect(String, ServerConnection) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:245)
NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1372)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:Disconnect()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:Disconnect()
NetworkingPeer:DisconnectToReconnect() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:370)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1166)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:76)

Comments

• Afaik, this doesn't happen in our demos, so it at least is something you do differently than the demos.
    Do you use ConnectToBestCloudServer for the initial connect, too?
  • Yes I only use ConnectToBestCloudServer so that the app connects to the closest region/server.
  • Please open file \Assets\Photon Unity Networking\Plugins\PhotonNetwork\PingCloudRegions.cs in editor, find ConnectToBestRegionInternal() method and add line at the end of method:
    [code2=csharp]PhotonNetwork.networkingPeer.MasterServerAddress = bestServerFullAddress;[/code2]
    That should fix the issue.
    We will put the fix in next PUN update.
  • Thanks that did stop the error.
  • Thanks for the confirmation. I updated our package in the Asset Store accordingly.