Unity 4.3 Warnings (Obsolete & Deprecated)

Hi, I'm beggining with photon cloud in Unity 4.3 and shows me a couple of warnings. I'm coding with unityScript(yep, I know, next project will be in C#) and shows me a couple of errors:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/PhotonViewInspector.cs(20,26): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LookLikeInspector()' is obsolete: `LookLikeControls and LookLikeInspector modes are deprecated.'

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/ServerSettingsInspector.cs(26,26): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LookLikeInspector()' is obsolete: `LookLikeControls and LookLikeInspector modes are deprecated.'

Both are from the same topic, I guess there is a line to edit, by now I don't have any issues with that, but I like to keep clean the console so please give me a hint on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso Generoso.

Comments

• Hi,

I've recently updated as well. Usually what I do to stop these warnings from showing in the inspector is surrounding the offending code with pragmas so that it suppresses the warnings in the console. Use it like this:

#pragma warning disable 0618
    EditorGUIUtility.LookLikeInspector();
    #pragma warning restore 0618

0618 is the warning message that it shows in the console. Replace that if the error message is not 0618
  • Thanks for the heads up.
    I will take a look at those warnings for the next update.
    We still support 3.5.7 and anything newer. Those warnings are logged because Unity's API changed over time and we didn't update the demos to Unity 4.x API.