PUN+ / Unity 4.3 / WP8 - missing classes

I have the following errors when trying to build a fresh project with PUN+ imported, targeting WP8 under Unity 4.3:

Error building Player: Exception: Error: type `System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonSocketError ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp::Send(System.Byte[],System.Int32).
Error: method `System.Int32 System.Net.Sockets.Socket::Send(System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonSocketError ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp::Send(System.Byte[],System.Int32).
Error: method `System.Void System.Net.Sockets.Socket::Connect(System.Net.IPAddress,System.Int32)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Void ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp::DnsAndConnect().
Error: method `System.Int32 System.Net.Sockets.Socket::Receive(System.Byte[])` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Void ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp::ReceiveLoop().

Those classes and methods are definitely missing from .NET for WP, as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s(v=vs.105).aspx

But it says that PUN+ could export to all platforms w/o Unity Pro, WP8 included. Or it isn't ?

Comments

• We have special libraries which are used by Unity when exporting to Win 8. That fixes the incompatibility.

At the moment, to target Windows 8 devices, you need to use PUN Free.
    This is a temporary issue though and will change in the next release of PUN+.
  • Ok, it works with the free PUN, however is there another way rather than moving PUN/PUN+ back and forth when building for different platforms? Could they co-exist in one project?
  • They will co-exist in the next updates.
    Until then, you can only try this (but I doubt it works):
    Copy the folders "Metro" and "WP8" from PUN Free into PUN+. They are in Assets\Plugins\. Maybe this doesn't work though, as PUN+ also compiles differently per platform.
    Maybe I can spend some time to update PUN+ next week. Better brace yourself for 2 weeks before an update could be done (I'm not only doing this single cleanup for next release).
  • Nope, that doesn't work. Ok, will make a script then to switch PUN/PUN+
  • The script will be a good workaround for the moment, I guess. I'm sorry it's still this messy.
    We prepare "Turnbased" and "Chat" for Photon and when the early access is available, I will have more time to update PUN properly.