Custom authentication in native SDK

Options
natasky
edited August 2013 in Native
Hi all,

I'm using Android NDK Cloud SDK, and I want to setup custom authentication. I already have everything ready on server side.

I don't see how I can pass authentication values on client side. I can see how this is done in .NET, but I can't find anything similar to .NET's 'client.AuthValues' in the native SDK.

Am I missing something? Should I port that part of .NET's LoadBalancingPeer to the native SDK's LoadBalancing::Peer myself? Am I allowed to modify LoadBalancingPeer.cpp (it is distributed both precompiled and source code)?

Thanks!
- Nathan

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi Nathan.

The reason that you have not been able to see how to pass authentication values is that that change has just not made it into a public release yet.

Please use this SDK https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/429 ... ud_SDK.zip for custom auth.
  • liortal53
    Options
    Where is the said change in this SDK, with respect to the one we're currently using?

LoadBalancingPeer/LoadBalancingClient seems to offer the same functionality for authentication...

--Lior
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    In the linked SDK there is a new class AuthenticationValues. You can pass a reference to an AuthenticationValues instance to the Client-constructor, which has got an additional parameter, with the default being "no custom auth", if you don't pass anything for that parameter.