how to get rid of TimeoutDisconnect?

BesoC
BesoC ✭✭
edited November 2013 in Flash (deprecated)
Hi
Flash clients often keeping disconnect with TimeoutDisconnect reason. We have tried SetPingInterval to 1000ms but that does not help. Will it make sense to decrease ping interval to 500ms? What else can be done?

Comments

• Hi BesoC,

I suppose that this is same problem viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2856
    Can we check client logs with logger set to 'debug' level (you need intercept flash traces for that) and server logs with max logging level?
  • BesoC
    BesoC ✭✭
    Hi Vadim

Thanks for quick reply. I'll ask our flash developer and will provide the logs
  • Hi Vadim

Sorry for late post. We were experimenting heavy with this issue and looks like it cannot be reproduces in LAN environment. So we have updated our server and client to latest SDKs and were hoping to not see TimeoutDisconnects again. However, our clients still have this issue. Please check this log file: http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=520396DB1. This is only server log. Please look for text "TimeoutDisconnect". Hope it will help you to help us :)

Regards
  • Any ideas?
  • Sorry for delay. I was off last week.

By default server connection timeout is 5000ms and client ping period is 1000ms. These settings should work fine.
    You can experiment with server connection timeout by adding InactivityTimeout="..." (ms) attribute to <TCPListener ... > section of your server config.

If you set InactivityTimeout="0" then server timeout will be disabled.

Please check how server works with large timeouts or when timeout is disabled.
  • If I understand correctly, TimeoutDisconnect means that server is not receiving ping from client for 5 secs (default). So, somehow connection between server and client is broken. If I will set InactivityTimeout="0", the only thing it will do - it will keep the channel open forever. I can't see any sense in it. It would be much better to re-establish connection at TCP level without notifying app level at all. What i mean - when client detects timeout after 5 secs of missing ping, it tries to connect for, say another 5 secs. If he does not succeed, then it notifies app level about disconnect. Of course it would require some work for developers, but then it will make communication much stable
  • Setting timeout to 0 is not a fix but just a way to get more info on your problem.
    Please check how server works with large timeouts or when timeout is disabled.

Btw, it would be interesting to know what happens on client side at disconnect events. Could you provide your logs from client (I asked for them already). Or at least can you describe user experience during timeout disconnects?
  • I did set timeout to 30 secs - result was the same. The problem is that we cannot get TimeoutDisconnect in LAN environment. What kind of log you need? Should we turn on some specific parameters on client side?
  • Hi!
    it looks like my project doesnt want to start and is showing error "Master peer error"

it tries to acceess localhost:4530 where i do nto run any app, so I was wondering what should i provide there? I can use javascript file but its just red by flash vars and overwrites default values as far as I can see. But it doesnt answer why it dienst work and what master sercer adddess should be? its nowehere written down 8-) 8-) 8-)
  • Hi!
    it looks like my project doesnt want to start and is showing error "Master peer error"

it tries to acceess localhost:4530 where i do nto run any app, so I was wondering what should i provide there? I can use javascript file but its just red by flash vars and overwrites default values as far as I can see. But it doesnt answer why it dienst work and what master sercer adddess should be? its nowehere written down 8-) 8-) 8-)
  • If you use Photon Server, then the master server address is the address of the computer, where you are running the server.
    If you use Photon Cloud, then the valid addresses are written down here:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/R ... -reference