How to install the latest Photon Cloud version ?

Options
Hi all,

Long time since i dont work on the network part of my project.
I got the PUN Version 3.0.1.13 (26.9.2012 - rev1731) working. - (that is the last line from the"release_history.txt")
But i saw on the photonBlog that the latest version was a good improvement:
http://blog.exitgames.com/2013/06/photo ... -v3-2-1-2/
so i dowloaded this :
https://www.exitgames.com/Download/Phot ... -3_SDK.zip
So my simple question is: how do i install this over my old version ?
I tryied simply to overright the Photon3Unity3D.dll and Photon3Unity3D.xml files but is makes unity crashe even without showing the screen.

thank you

Comments

• Paradoks
    Options
    Ok, now i did a mistake:

updated from the asset store package, now i got this errors and i dont have a clue how to fix it:

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs(30,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AuthenticationValues' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs(684,136): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MatchmakingMode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs(709,26): error CS0115: `NetworkingPeer.OpRaiseEvent(byte, byte, System.Collections.Hashtable, bool, byte)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs(1088,26): error CS0115: `NetworkingPeer.OpFindFriends(string[])' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs(157,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AuthenticationValues' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs(284,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FriendInfo' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs(915,48): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CloudServerRegion' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs(1223,104): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MatchmakingMode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

help me please.
  • Leepo
    Options
    Are you using just PUN (with cloud) or are you also running your own cloud servers?
    What exactly do you want to update.

I assume you are just using PUN and simply need to update via the unity asset store only. You could remove all Photon folders before doing so (just make sure to keep your settings somewhere)
  • Paradoks
    Options
    Leepo,

In fact there is a strange thing that happened: first time updating from asset store, unity told me that the script were going to be updated at their locations as usual ( thats the first message) but in fact they where duplicated all around the project, so i removed everything and updated once again on a photon free project and it works.

thx.