Android SDK integration

m9games
m9games
edited July 2013 in Native
Hello,

My current game code works fine with 3-0-4-4 version of the SDK. But when I try to integrate the latest SDK, following the steps for the previous version, I get errors on ExitGames namespace and where I have declared nbyte variables.

I assume that it is failing to load the required libraries. I have trying to resolve it, the whole day yesterday. So please, can someone help me with the step by step integration of the latest SDK??

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Hi m9games.

We have changed a lot since 3.0.4.4 and some of these changes also affect the public interface.

First, we have changed the include-depth, like explained here:
    viewtopic.php?p=13112#p13112
    The info from this thread could help you with the Android specific setup:
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2788

Furthermore there have been some changes to the internal include structure and header dependencies and some stuff has got relocated into other files.
    Just include Photon-cpp/inc/PhotonPeer.h (or LoadBalancing-cpp/inc/LoadBalancingClient.h (the filename will change to just LoadBalancing-cpp/inc/Client.h in a future version, btw.) instead, if you use the LoadBalancing lib). This will assure, that all the public interface headers get included properly.

Please also have a look at the release_history files in the SDKs doc folder to see, what else has been changed.
  • Hi Kaiserludi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did go through the links that you have suggested and tried following the steps mentioned in the Android specific thread. I was able to get all the issues resolved.

But now I am stuck on the part where, when I declare a loadbalancing client, it throws error saying:

The type 'ExitGames::LoadBalancing::Client' must implement the inherited pure virtual method 'ExitGames::Common::BaseListener::debugReturn'

But i believe that I have implemented the method by: virtual void debugReturn(const ExitGames::Common::JString& string);
    both in .h and .cpp files. I am unable to figure out why is it not accepting the code. If you can please guide me through this.

Thanks again!!
  • It has got another parameter so that the old signature is now seen as overload and not as override anymore.
    Changing the signature of your implementation to
    [code2=cpp]virtual void debugReturn(ExitGames::Common::DebugLevel::DebugLevel debugLevel, const ExitGames::Common::JString& string);[/code2]
    should solve that error.