Problem only when compiling

Hello,

Please, anyone got an error only after compiling to .exe?
I am testing a simple Instantiate over network, it works good in Editor, but when I compile, it crashs, apps keeps open but here is what I found in output_log:

==========================================
The file 'C:/Users/myuser/Desktop/MyCompany/Projects/MyGame/Compiled/MyGame_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds! 56100 > 56096]
==========================================

Of course, I changed user, company and game info for obvious reasons here, but the problem remains... anyone got this already?
I already tried changing the API compatibility level, etc.

Also, another time I got almost the same error, but instead of level 1 corrupted, it said "resources" corrupted... :(

EDIT: Using Unity 4.1.2f1 PRO in Windows 7

Simple method call:
int randomPos = Random.Range(0, spawnPoints.Length);
GameObject myPlayer = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("characterhuman", spawnPoints[randomPos].position, Quaternion.identity, 0);

This error only happens when I click to Instantiate this prefab (it is in Resources folder)

Comments

• Really? Noone?
    I am a potential customer, I am right now choosing which backend I can continue... :P
    I still dont know if I did anything wrong, but it is hard to say, because in Editor it works good...
  • I never had this issue, so it's hard to help. This seems to be some exporting issue and it might be due to ... anything. It's not a PUN issue when you can build our demos fine.

If you're in a test project, I'd re-create some of the assets. I heard of a case where a prefab was broken and when they created another one, replacing the old, their project worked again.

There is also a newer Unity version out. Maybe something was fixed. Try to re-import everything, too.
  • Thanks, Tobias. Sad and at same time, happy, to know noone got this error before.
    Actually I already tried to mix with settings in Unity before compile, none did work.
    I was saying it was maybe a PUN issue because the error occurs exacly when I "Photon.Instantiate", with the message I posted. I can connect with no problems and everything worked fine.

I am still in a test project, I will try to make the prefab again (did not try this yet) and see if it works. The prefab I am using was created already with PUN inside the project, but it was in another folder.
    Also, I am using the lastest Unity version already.

I let you know here if it works.
  • I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I cross my fingers that creating a replacement prefab does the trick. At least once, that solved a (vaguely) similar issue.
    Let us know what happens. In worst case I might take a look at your project.
  • No problem, thanks.
    I will try some other ways here too...