Photon Cloud Crossdomain policy

Hi. Sometimes when we connect to photon cloud we have such exeption:

[code2=csharp]Connect() failed: System.Security.SecurityException: Unable to connect, as no valid crossdomain policy was found
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect_internal (IntPtr sock, System.Net.SocketAddress sa, System.Int32& error, Boolean requireSocketPolicyFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean requireSocketPolicy) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.IPAddress address, Int32 port) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect.StartConnection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:716)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect:StartConnection()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:Connect(String, String, Byte)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:Connect(String, String)
NetworkingPeer:Connect(String, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:166)
PhotonNetwork:Connect(String, Int32, String, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:881)
PhotonNetwork:ConnectUsingSettings(String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:809)
PhotonConnector:ConnectToPhoton() (at Assets/Game/Scripts/PhotonConnector.cs:31)
<SuccessRegistration>c__Iterator18:MoveNext() (at Assets/Menu/Scripts/AppManager.cs:59)[/code2]

What's the problem?

Comments

• The problem is due to a failed policy file request. This shouldn't happen but obviously does.
    Which location are you in and to which region do you connect? How often does this happen?
  • Tobias wrote:
    The problem is due to a failed policy file request. This shouldn't happen but obviously does.
    Which location are you in and to which region do you connect? How often does this happen?
    Region: Russia
    Very often.
    Our game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93794003
  • I contacted you via mail. To get more details, I think it's best if we could chat.
  • Tobias wrote:
    I contacted you via mail. To get more details, I think it's best if we could chat.
    Thank you. We may contact you later.
    Now we have solved this problem by re-connect at startup game. If the problem persists, we will contact you.
  • If you notice this again and can reproduce from a PC, run Wireshark to track traffic on port TCP 843. This is the port for policy requests. Might be interesting to see what exactly happens and the timing.
    In worst case, we have to file a request to improve at Unity Tech, cause they handle the request.