Issues getting Voice to work

Options
BlackBoxJason
edited June 2017 in Photon Voice
Hello all,

As the title suggest I am having trouble getting Photon Voice working in my project. I can connect to a PUN room and a Voice room just fine, I am even delaying the instantiation of player character until both rooms are connected.

I have the VoiceSpeaker and VoiceRecorder on my player prefab. I can hear my own voice just fine with the echo mode set to true on the recorder, however when another player joins voices cannot be heard in either direction.

I am using Unity 5.5 along with Voice 1.9 and PUN 1.84. I am not receiving any error messages in the log however whenever I check to see if the speaker is linked it always returns false, even after checking directly after the link remote server method is called.

I am at a loss here. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Upon further testing it seems the speaker is never being linked. IsVoiceLinked always returns false.

Best Answer

• BlackBoxJason
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok... my mistake here. I put the wrong app-id in the photon server settings. After I put the correct app-id it works as expected.

Answers

• BlackBoxJason
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok... my mistake here. I put the wrong app-id in the photon server settings. After I put the correct app-id it works as expected.