[Solved] Trouble with Tutorial

Dilvid
edited October 2011 in Photon Server
Hey there,

Been following a few of the tutorials on the site, the HelloWorlds went fine but when I moved onto the 'An App from Scratch' (located - http://doc.exitgames.com/v3/photonserve ... %20scratch) it didn't seem to work.

The code side is fine, that was done fine and I understood it all. The issue comes from the config entry that is needed. I understand the concepts of it, what it all means and why it is needed (live in c# day in day out in my day job) but it doesn't seem to want to accept the entry. I've tried various ones with and without Namespaces in the type etc but it doesn't like it.

I've done as the tutorial states (create Class Library called ChatServer, my class is named 'ChatServer' as in the examples and it inherits from 'ApplicationBase' also) and tried the config entry from within the tutorial too. My code is compiled and located in 'deploy/ChatServer/bin' as the guide states too.

The entry I have been using is the one from the tutorial featured below and the log entry is also attached... Can someone see what I'm doing wrong?? I can provide the solution as well (just can't attach to the post as 256kb max on attachments)
<Applications Default="ChatServer">
    <Application
        Name="ChatServer"
        BaseDirectory="ChatServer"
        Assembly="ChatServer"
        Type="ChatServer" />
</Applications>

Comments

• If the config above is really the config I am wondering why Lite and LiteLobby are started ?
    Please double-check that you start photon with the correct instance name.
  • Spotted my schoolboy errror. I had nested the 'Applications' XML Tag so in essence had....
        <Application
            Name="ChatServer"
            BaseDirectory="ChatServer"
            Assembly="ChatServer"
            Type="ChatServer" />
    </Applications>
    </Applications>

Didn't notice until I stripped out all of the default applications which have entries.

Thanks for the help.