Looking for truesync RTS tutorial

Options
Or can we discuss this topic here?

Comments

• Burnout
    Options
    Is Unity navigation suitable for moving units?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hi @Burnout, it is a good tutorial to be included later, if you have doubts about it feel free to reply us.
  • Burnout
    Options

Hi @Burnout, it is a good tutorial to be included later, if you have doubts about it feel free to reply us.

Can i use unity nav mesh agent for pathfinding. Is it deterministic?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hi @Burnout, sadly you can't. You may have noticed we use fixed point math (FP numbers) to have the same calculations of every machine, Unity's pathfinding it is not deterministic across clients.
  • Burnout
    Options

What alternatives? Any ready-to-use assets in assetstore?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    @Burnout unfortunately no ready-to-use that I know about it :/. An anternative for now would be your own implementation, you could create some simple approach if it is ok for your needs.
  • Burnout
    Options
    Can i use unity nav mesh without nav mesh agent? If i bake nav mesh before game start will it be deterministic?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hey @Burnout, I don't know for sure if it will be deterministic as I don't have a deep knowledge about unity's nav mesh. As nav mesh seems important to you to use you can try searchs like "nav mesh determinitic" and check if there is an approach that you could use in your game.