Debug.Break() on checksum NOK

how do I breakpoint before checksum NOK triggered or when checksum NOK is triggered but before rollback occured?

Comments

• I don't think it is possible without access to source. The rollback occurs inside of the Abstract lockstep object. We do not have access to the source. :(
  • Hi @mmediawyh, it is not possible to proper debug when checksum is NOK, we don't check it every frame. A tip is to set rollback window to 0 if it is turned on, it is easier to detect issues when you don't have rollbacks happening.
  • Prodigga
    Prodigga
    edited March 2017
    @JeffersonHenrique would there be some way to allow logging/pinging for the object that has the mismatched checksum?

Debug.LogError("Mismatched checksum", offendingGameobject);
  • erm the issue is happened when rollback. so I have to keep the rollback on for some reason. I have no issue with 0 rollback window.
  • Prodigga said:

@JeffersonHenrique would there be some way to allow logging/pinging for the object that has the mismatched checksum?

Debug.LogError("Mismatched checksum", offendingGameobject);

Some of my object actually instantiate alittle faster on some instance and destroy itself after desync and rollback. hopefully this debug can happen before it tries to kill my object on rollback
  • Hi @Prodigga, it is possible, you can modify the checksum class, unfortunately it is not open source yet, but it will be soon in next releases. @mmediawyh this is good news, you know that a desync it is related to something that can be messed up with rollbacks, it can be variables not tracked, make sure that every var that influences in the gameplay has a [AddTracking] attribute.