How to know how many users are in a given public channel

Greetings from Chile!
My Team and I are developing an online game and area using photon chat as our chat system, so far great!
but we area stumbling around a a way to "load balance" the global/public chat.
The ideal solution is when a client logsin he checks his game logic list of global chat channels and sees wich one is less crouded and joins that one. But Searching through Docs and Forums I cannot find a way to get the numeric amount of players subscribed to a channel (we dont need name nor id nor anything, just a simple number with the amount of players).
Am I missing something from the documments?.
Thank you in advance,
Regards

Felipe

Comments

• Hi, Felepe
    No, you did not
    right now there is no way to do this.

we will add this in furture releases
    Best, Ilya
  • Hey,

We really need a way to ask for the amount of subscribers on a given channel.

Bonus points if you make events or callbacks that are invoked when a player joins and leaves a given channel, e.g. so we can write "X joined channel".
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DeBock,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Those features are available but experimental only.
    Send an email to developer@photonengine.com to request access.
  • DeBock
    DeBock
    edited May 2018
    Hi @JohnTube

Thanks for your swift response. Do you have any indication for when we could expect these features to be out of 'experimental only'?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Do you have any indication for when we could expect these features to be out of 'experimental only'?
    No sorry I don't. From my own experience, people request this then they don't use it or they don't bother giving feedback about it. And I can't promise or guarantee anything.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi as I posted on the other discussion here.
    The features are no longer experimental and are now live.
    Photon Chat client SDKs that have this already are the ones included in PUN1 and PUN2.