Bolt and SteamVR

Hello all,

I'm working on a VR game using the SteamVR plugin. I'm creating an instance of the SteamVR camera rig when ControlOfEntityGained fires on the local player, but as soon as I instantiate the SteamVR camera rig (I tried it via a BoltSingletonPrefab.Instantiate() and the old fashioned Unity instantiate method, both same result) the server floods me with "FRAME STALL: XXX" messages, and the client floods me with "FRAME RESET: XXX" messages. I've pinpointed the fact that it's as soon as the camera rig object enters the scene (only created on the player client). Does anyone have any experience with this error message or even better, using SteamVR with bolt?

Best Answers

Answers

• Here's a video better explaining the problem if anyone cares to have a look, i'd appreciate it! https://vid.me/9P4Z
  • Did you ever solve this? I think we are running into the same issue. Thanks!

• Trying to move anything around they become all jittery, like it's not receiving network data, so it's more than just messages for sure.
  • Update: seems to be the actual SteamVR camera rig, I put together my own rig based off a simple unity default camera and it seems to work fine...very weird.
  • According to their docs, it's not very important and it's silly they enable it by default.

* Added lockPhysicsUpdateRateToRenderFrequency to SteamVR_Render ([SteamVR] prefab) for apps that want to run their physics sim at a lower frequency. Locked (true) by default.