Frequent abnormal disconnects when using WebGL

Hello,

I'm using Photon PUN with Unity in WebGL, on Fire Fox bowser.

I keep getting disconnected from the server which then causes everything on the screen to dissappear (since almost everything is a NetworkObject) and also get kicked out of rooms etc.

Here is the error i keep seeing:

Exiting receive thread (inside loop) due to error: Abnormal disconnection

Sometimes the game runs for 5 minutes, sometimes just a few minutes then it disconnects.

is there anything i can do to prevent this? Maybe there is some function i can call manually every now and then to keep the connection alive?

Im really screwed because of this issue, nobody will use my WebGL app because of this.

I have a feeling its because im streaming a video, maybe this is why it disconnects? No idea, maybe i can call a photon function to force to keep the connection?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• For anyone experiencing this issue => Exiting receive thread (inside loop). Server: XXXXX

Here is the solutions that have worked for our team:

1. Check to see if the scene that you are loading is not MASSIVE in size.
    2. Check to see if the scene being loaded is not sending/receiving data in the first frame (Wait a while before sending/receiving sync information with Photon).

TO TEST AND SEE IF THIS IS THE CASE:

1. Create a FULLY EMPTY dummy scene in unity and add it to the build settings
    2. Connect to Photon and try and use that EMPTY scene to see if works (Which it most likely should). This will alert you that your issue lies in the scene you were trying to load (Due to one of the above items OR something else in that specific scene).

Hope the above solution helps out others going through the same issues!

Nav Gupta => Former Unity 3D Live Help Expert Team Member and now Founder and CEO of Chaarmi Worlds Inc. making the future metaverse!! Check us out at Chaarmi.com!

• For anyone experiencing this issue => Exiting receive thread (inside loop). Server: XXXXX

Here is the solutions that have worked for our team:

1. Check to see if the scene that you are loading is not MASSIVE in size.
    2. Check to see if the scene being loaded is not sending/receiving data in the first frame (Wait a while before sending/receiving sync information with Photon).

TO TEST AND SEE IF THIS IS THE CASE:

1. Create a FULLY EMPTY dummy scene in unity and add it to the build settings
    2. Connect to Photon and try and use that EMPTY scene to see if works (Which it most likely should). This will alert you that your issue lies in the scene you were trying to load (Due to one of the above items OR something else in that specific scene).

Hope the above solution helps out others going through the same issues!

Nav Gupta => Former Unity 3D Live Help Expert Team Member and now Founder and CEO of Chaarmi Worlds Inc. making the future metaverse!! Check us out at Chaarmi.com!