Player position synchronization || Display ping

Hey guys,
1.)
since we are using bolt we encounter problems regarding the synchronization of the player position.
We are using the "Transform" state property with the smoothing algorithm set to 'interpolation' with a teleport threshold of 10 (default).
I am calling state.SetTransforms(state.PlayerTransform, transform) inside of the Attatched method of my player_setup class and everything seems to work fine except for teleportation of other clients.
The way the player moves is client predicted with a walking speed of 4.5 and a running speed of 6. We tried all sorts of teleport threshold values with no luck. Maybe there is a golden value that we are not aware of.

So how did you managed the position synchronization without teleporting problems?

1.)
In order to check the latency for debug purposes we want to integrate a little ping counter but i have no idea on how to do that. Using unity's Ping class sounds good but i don't know where i can get the IP of the server at which my client is connected to.
Basically i need to know:
Where can i get the IP-adress of the server at which i am connected to?

I appreciate every hint!

Cheers Julian Kaulitzki.

Comments

• What do you mean by teleportation? Can you send a project with this problem to support@boltengine.com?

You can get ping from BoltNetwork.server.PingNetwork
  • JulianKaulitzki
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for answering so quickly!
    Sending our project is not an option but maybe it has something to do with latency we will see.

Well i tried that and its return value was between 0.028 - 0.031 so i guess that is the amount of seconds the ping takes untl its back?

• A repro project works as well
  • Well it was actually related to a high ping so that explains that.

But do you have any idea on how i can retrieve the server adress from each server inside of the BoltNetwork.SessionList?
  • session.Value.WanEndPoint.Address

Zeus example: http://hastebin.com/qonanutuzu.avrasm
  • Great! That works quite well!
    Thank you very much for your help