Unity Viking Demo Issue

Options
I got the Unity Viking MMO Demo up and running with multiple clients connecting on the SAME machine. However, when I try to connect to Photon from a second machine, it fails.

When connecting from a second machine (after modifying the IP address in MainMenuVik.cs), I get the main menu and it displays the correct rooms as being active. However, when I try to connect it displays the following error in the Unity client log "Error trying to receive. Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.".

Interestingly, if I run the photon server on this second machine and try again (leaving the modified IP address of the first machine), it connects to the first machine and displays the Main Menu. However, when I try to join one of the active rooms, it actually creates a room on the local photon server (second machine) and logs me into the world.

I looked to see if there was another IP address to change in the code since it seems to ignore the one in MainMenuVik.cs when trying to join a room. What changes need to be made in order to allow multiple machines to join the same room on a single server?

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    you need to modify the IP address the game server reports to the master server.
    the included PDF contains a few lines about this, page 1 or 2 I believe.