Dynamic Array of Bytes

Options
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to syncing a varying size array of bytes. Currently Bolt supports fixed sizes in its properties but nothing for an array who's size may change. I have used streams in the past, but they seem like an unnecessarily bulky side-step for what I'm trying to achieve.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Comments

• stanchion
    Options
    You will probably want to use streaming for syncing like this
  • Yukichu
    Options
    I remember way, way back when fholm said he had a solution for this and was going to put it in; alas, that was like February or something and was only casually mentioned in the jabbr chat.

I was thinking... can you send tokens and use it to determine the size of the expected array and then serialize/deserialize a number of objects based on that, but it's probably just as effective (or less) than streaming bytes.
  • Manmax75
    Options
    Yukichu said:

I remember way, way back when fholm said he had a solution for this and was going to put it in; alas, that was like February or something and was only casually mentioned in the jabbr chat.

I was thinking... can you send tokens and use it to determine the size of the expected array and then serialize/deserialize a number of objects based on that, but it's probably just as effective (or less) than streaming bytes.

If you send tokens you can just use them to hold your byte arrays. I noticed in the latest update that tokens are now a syncable property. And I was curious to see if bolt syncs them on change just like any other property type.