Emergency!! Windows Store Certification kit issue

We developed our C++ game and used your Windows SDK v3.2.5.7, but it shows the errors as below when we submit our application to Windows Store.

The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
API GetTickCount in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. war_2013.exe calls this API.
API timeGetTime in winmm.dll is not supported for this application type. war_2013.exe calls this API.

What can we do?! Please reply! It's emergent!

Comments

• Can you rebuild two APIs for us? There are many developers facing this issue. You should fix it!!
  • We will look into this asap.
  • Hi Ben.

This is not a bug, but a missing feature. We have simply not added Windows Store support to our Windows Client SDK yet, so the SDK is not expected to be fully compatible with Microsofts restrictions regarding apps that are submitted to the Windows Store.

We will add Windows Store support with the next release, 4.0.5.1.

I suggest that in the meantime you already update from 3.2.5.7 to 4.0.5.0 and already adjust your app to the changes in the Client API that have been done between these versions so that as soon as 4.0.5.1 comes out you can just replace the SDK and are ready to go.
  • Thanks a lot, admin. If possible, hope you can tell me when the new SDK releases.
  • Hi Ben.

I can't give a finite release date yet. All I can say by now is that we will try to release it before the 24.12. I will update you, when the new SDK gets available.
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited December 2015
    Hi @Ben.

Please download a prerelease build of the WindowsStore Client SDK at
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4296291/Photon-WindowsStore-Sdk_v4-0-5-1-Prerelease.zip

Known issues:
    - No VS2015 support, yet. You need to use VS2013. We will take care of VS2015 support with the official release next year.
    - No support for any VS versions prior to VS2013 update 3. This means, VS2010 and VS2012 are not supported at all and VS2013 needs to get updated to at least update 3 (update 4 and 5 of course are fine, too). This will stay this way in the official release. We will not add Windows Store support for older VS versions.
    - The names of the .lib files are likely to change in the official release
    - We have not decided yet, if the Windows Store libs stay in a separate Client SDK or if we rather include them in the regular Windows Client SDK.
    - Our demos do not yet work for WindowsStore. For demos please refer to the regular Windows or any other C++ Client SDK - in Photon related code they do not differ between platforms.
    - The provided ARM builds are untested. Use them with care.

Although this SDK is labeled as a prerelease it is ready for production.
    However, as we are closing our office until 4.1.2016 our support is limited over the holidays, so I would recommend to not release your game on Windows Store until next year just in case that you should need any support.

PS: I have moved this thread into the appropriate subforum for C++ Client related questions.
  • Hi admin, thanks for your help. We will have a try. Any issues, we will report it to you.