Photon Engine + Blender Game Engine

Options

Blender Game Engine

Hi! I am looking for a way to use the Photon Engine's free plan inside of Blender Game Engine. Is it somehow possible?

More info:
-Blender 2.76
-I'm running on Linux Ubuntu 15.10, although it shouldn't matter

Thanks for your replies! Oh, and, please, note that I am new here, just found out about Photon!:)

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @adriansnetlis.

I am afraid that blender does not seem to support using it together with 3rd party libraries or programming any game logic in anything else than in python, but even if you would somehow get around the technical limitations of Blender, that would not be of any help as Blender is licensed under the GPL, which means that any game that uses Blender must also be licensed under the GPL and that means that the whole game must be open source, including 3rd party source code. This license restriction rules out using Blender together with any kind of closed source or partly closed source libraries, including Photon.
  • First fact - what a shame?
    Second fact - actually only Blender binaries and source code are GPL. The .blend files(user created content) can be CC, copyrights or any other user chosen licence. If you make a game pack with blenderplayer inside it, it must be GPL, but if you make a seperate file for running the game(a file which contains blenderplayer), e.g. splash screen with Blender logo and seperatate files for game(.blends, textures etc.), than you can use any licence.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @adriansnetlis.

Well, I wasnot talkin about any assets inside a .blend file, but about actual C++ code that would be directly inside the blenderplayer executable.